Basic Curriculum for Reception
- ‘’Η Αλφαβήτα ταξιδεύει’’
- Παρέα με τον παππού Αίσωπο (Φάκελος με καρτέλες & Οδηγίες)
- Use of letter-cards, educational games, audio cds and dvds, children’s books and posters and worksheets. Ask advise from the headteacher.
- Parents should provide opportunities for children to use Greek at home.
Listening / Speaking
- Introduction to the Greek Language. Form simple sentences.
- Expand vocabulary through themes:
- Child’s life: home, day school, church, family
- Seasonal: weather, clothing, activities
- Other themes: greetings, numbers, colours, parts of the body
- Story time – Circle time
- Supplementary: Educational Songs, poems, action songs
- Language games, counting games
- Cultural, religious, ethnic topics
- Viewing: Greek videos for discussion and vocabulary acquisition
- Begin identification of letters
- Use of visuals, letter cards
- Trace/Copy letters (two spaces high)
- Letter cards – match to appropriate picture
- Variety of seatwork activities
- Developing fine muscle coordination
- Following instructions
- Sequential activities
Description and explanation of ethnic and religious events:
- “OXI” day
- March 25
- Name days
Songs with movement:
- Perna, perna I Melissa
- Haropa ta dyo mou heria
- Action Songs
"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all"